Sunday 19 February 2017

Counting My Blessings

Sometimes you just get filled up with so much gratitude that you'll burst if you don't share it. Yesterday I went to the funeral of a friend's twenty-year-old daughter who died suddenly. As I hugged the mom, she whispered, "I just miss her so much!" And then I spent several hours last night with my son and his girlfriend, just talking and laughing and eating together, and I couldn't help but feel so, so lucky and grateful that he's alive and well and happy.

My husband had band practice yesterday and got to play someone's pipes made in the 1850s. His face was lovely to watch as he described it. I have an interesting and generous husband who does so much for other people, and I'm glad he's getting to do something for himself, something he loves.

This morning I woke to birds singing and a fantastic salmon-coloured sky. It's supposed to get to nine degrees today, which is amazing. I am carless today and will have to bus home from church...but think of the glorious weather I'll get to walk home in from the bus station! And there's leftover chicken curry for supper. And best of all, tomorrow is a holiday and I can stay home and play.

Yes, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment