Thursday 4 August 2016

In the Good Ol' Summertime

One of my bosses asked me if I was having a relaxing summer. My first response was yes, I'm reading a lot and swimming now and then and...and bottling fruit and caring for two gardens and drying herbs and meeting writing deadlines for the publisher and going to Highland Games and walking my dogs and setting up a loom and crocheting Christmas ornaments to sell this fall and mowing the lawn and going on weekend drives with my husband and I'm first counselor in the Relief Society at church and I'm taking teacher training once a month and oh yeah, I work a sixty-hour week...but I only have one son left at home, who is pretty independent, and my husband does most of the cleaning and cooking. So yeah, actually, it feels pretty calm this summer. This is about as relaxed as I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment