Sunday 10 July 2016

Proofreading and Memory Loss

Finished the final proofs for The Governess, due out in October. Waiting to hear back on the latest manuscript I just submitted. And working on the next, which isn't due for a while yet.

Am I the only one who has a hard time keeping my characters straight? By the time I've finished book ten, I've forgotten the names of the characters in book nine. I'm pawing back through the pages trying to remember what colour the heroine's hair is. I think of a nice turn of phrase I want to use, only to remember I just used it in the last book. I pull out an old piece of my writing and have no memory of ever writing it. Or I think of something to say and then wonder if it's original or if I actually read it somewhere and someone else wrote it...

The curse of short-term memory loss...

No comments:

Post a Comment