Wednesday 2 December 2015

Turning into a Mushroom

In the summer, I bound in the door from work at 5:30 p.m. and there are still five hours to garden, cook dinner, walk the dog, bake cookies, read, run errands, or whatever else I feel like doing. But at this time of year, it's pitch black outside and the stars are out by the time I roll in at 5:30. And all I want to do is change directly into my pajamas, drink a mug of soup, and go to bed. It's funny how the light gives you the energy to do things, and when it's gone, the day's activities end. Electric lights don't make a bit of difference to my internal clock. The length of the day is still the same as ever, the number of hours hasn't changed, but no matter --- nothing will be accomplished on winter evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment