Saturday 3 October 2015

I survived today

Today I babysat the grandkids all day while their parents were busy elsewhere. I worried that it would be overwhelming, but it turned out to be okay. More than okay. Other than a couple of "Jack-Jack" moments, they were good as gold, and we even got a quick walk in to the library before the cold rain started. The trick to it is not to try to accomplish anything else -- just focus on the Grandma role and let everything else go. And we ended up making cookies together and making chili and putting together spaghetti sauce for dinner and I still managed to watch Conference in snatches and dabs. So all is good.

I find frustration is usually caused when I try to do something other than what is before me at that moment. If I just focus on the matter at hand and let the rest take a back seat, it's fine.

I don't know why I don't remember this simple lesson more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment