Tuesday 15 September 2015

Living Vicariously...

Someone I know has been reading Heart's Journey and we got to talking about it. This led to a conversation on the broader topic of bravery and how I admire people who dare to imagine life could be different and set about changing it. I wonder, sometimes, if I rationalize not doing bold and brave things in my own life because I can get my characters to do them for me. Never finished a PhD? Get my heroine to do it. Want to renovate a huge property? Let my character do it. Want to throw over everything and go homestead in the wilderness?  Stayed tuned for a future book...

A writer lives multiple lives through her own characters, and maybe I am so wishy-washy and indecisive about the direction I want my own life to go because I am too busy living multiple stories already through my writing. When do I get to set down the pen and make a change for myself? As my friend put it, "It captures that moment when you dare to take your heart in your hands and walk through an invisible wall into a new life." That sounds both exciting and terrifying at the same time. Will have to think more on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment