Thursday 16 April 2015

Pet Peeve

Someone I know posted a quote on Facebook with the intention that we all pass it along if we agreed with it. I agreed with the sentiment, but I couldn't bring myself to forward it. Why? It had the word "alway's" in it. Spelled just like that. Alway's. There is absolutely no excuse for such blatant disregard of the proper use of apostrophes. What would possess someone to do such a thing? Anyone who is smart enough to design a pretty meme and post it on the Internet is surely smart enough to learn the basics of punctuation.

This is the sort of thing that makes me want to run screaming into the night with my hands flailing above my head.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! This kind of thing ALWAYS bothers me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha!! I hear ya! Speaking of... Have you ever come across "could of" and "would of" and "should of" - ?? I was stunned when I first saw it - and I see it more and more each passing day. Drives. Me. Mad.

    ReplyDelete