Wednesday 11 March 2015

SUN!

I'm sorry this blog seems to have turned into a weather report, but really, the weather impacts so much of life here that I can't help it. It's all anyone talks about. Today it got up to 9 degrees and it was like swimming through melted butter, coming home. I flung my arms wide and soaked up all I could in the brief moment I had between train and bus. And then spent the walk home from the bus dodging the sprays of melted snow thrown up by cars whipping past. It's the season of mud and puddles and pawprints on the white tile floor. It's the season of seed orders showing up in the mail. Even my husband lost his mind and brought home enough vegetable and herb seeds to carpet six acres. Spring!

I know, it's still early days, and I'm sure we haven't seen the last of the snow storms. But it's hopeful, and I can begin to breathe easier, knowing I've made it through another winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment