Wednesday 18 February 2015

Grant Garner

My uncle Grant was killed yesterday, hit by a car while riding his bike home from work. He was 60 years old, and an Engineer for Hewlett-Packard. I haven't seen Grant since I was a newlywed, because we lived so far apart, but I remember him well. He stayed with my family for a while when I was a kid, and I remember watching him for hours, working on tiny circuit boards in a room in our basement. He was careful and meticulous and patient and gentle, and I am heartbroken for my dad and his other siblings, and for Grant's four kids.

One moment of inattention, one turn of a steering wheel -- whatever it was -- and it has such huge and lasting consequences. Everyone be careful today, stay safe, and look out for each other.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your loss.

    I enjoy your blog, it makes me smile.

    Gayle Everett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen, so sorry for your loss ... sending you a big hug. Take care.

    ReplyDelete