Friday 25 April 2014

Drat

I came home from work to find the mini greenhouse shelves I use for my sprouts in the swimming pool and the tray of sprouts (which were so cute) upside down on the patio. And miscellaneous other damage, such as lawn chairs knocked over and garbage can lids missing.  Apparently we had either a really strong wind or a microburst. I know it's only a dollar worth of seeds and a couple of weeks' work down the tubes. But it's so sad. I hate to see any living thing dumped and dead like that. They were so defenseless...

Meanwhile I can console myself that I didn't lose my Cape Gooseberries, which were still in the house under the grow lights, or the Black Krim tomatoes, which never -- alas -- sprouted at all.

This doesn't bode well for a good gardening season...

No comments:

Post a Comment