Monday 27 January 2014

Insights in Hawaii

I was writing to a friend this morning (hi again!) and shared with him a bit of insight that came to me while I was in Hawaii. And then I thought it might be a good thing to share on this blog. The condo I stayed in was 14 storeys above the beach, looking right out on the ocean. From that height I could see sea turtles swimming, amber and smooth, in the water below. Sometimes a turtle would pass within feet of people swimming, but they couldn't see it, because when you're in the water, all you see is the choppy waves at eye level. You have to get higher up out of the waves to see the beautiful big turtles. And it made me think how we can't always see the beauty around us, or the miracles happening right beside us, because we can only see the turbulence in the water, in our lives. We have to see from a higher perspective, with God's eyes, to see what opportunities are gliding right past us, and all we have to do is trust that they're there and reach out our fingertips to touch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment