Wednesday 17 April 2013

We've come full circle

I started keeping this blog last year upon the discovery of a nest of wild rabbits in my garden. Well, today we've found another nest of them, this time at the side of the house. Very tiny and new, their eyes still closed, just mini bundles of soft brown and black. As far as I can determine, these are the fourth generation since the last ones. And so here I am with the same dilemma as last year -- heavy rain forecasted for tomorrow, and worries that the bunnies will freeze tonight (my dog scattered the protective fur blanket around them before we realized what he'd found - but luckily no injuries as far as I can tell). Do I rig up an umbrella over them?  Try to regather the scattered fur from their mother? Knit them tiny sweaters?

No, I'll do what I did last year; I'll pray for their safety and leave them in God's hands...which is where we all are anyway, whether we realize it or not.

1 comment:

  1. trust in God ... but knitting wee sweaters for them cant help :-)

    ReplyDelete